Of course, I needed to have a
welding helmet in the mix.
This was my first effort at the
head strap. In the end I opted to redesign it and screw it in
place directly. Um... just to the head strap, not through the
As a side note; I absolutely love
the stretchy silicone tube material. I have been using it
anywhere I need hose, line or electrical cabling. I found it at
Joanns in the necklace building section.
I picked up some flat bar and
round stock at the local hardware store and cobbled together a
two different length workbenches.
I buffed out the bench tops, I'm not sure if I will leave them
bare or paint them. In the pacific northwest the steel has a
tendency to rust if left unprotected.
So the wife came out to the
garage yesterday and took a look around.
What are building out here?
I see, what are you going to do with it when you're done....
My mop turned out better than I
had expected and only took a couple of minutes. It was a trial
run with a too short of a wooden dowel. I'll hang this one up
somewhere and make another with the proper length handle.
Bruce... why so serious?
As a platform for the scale TX, I
cut out a section of a 1/6 shotgun then added the components out
of styrene as needed to have it resemble a full size; like the
battery compartment, electronics, and the antenna. I also
borrowed a wheel from a donor Hot Wheels for the steering wheel.
Taking a close look it, it's now easy to see the the grip
section, but on first glance I think it looks pretty true to the
shape and size at scale.
It's been a few days since I
updated any progress to my garage. I've been doing a major
upgrade on my SCX10 JK and working out a power supply for the
One of the accessories that I put together was a 1/6 land anchor
for the Wiley's. I always love to work with fire!
I'm finely getting around to the
jack stands. Thankfully I made a template so I can duplicate the
same size! And AMAZINGLY it works!
I need to have four jack stands
for my next project (the next project is actually done but I
need the jack stands finished to properly display it). So it
looks like there is still some assembly required.
I was waiting for the mail lady to deliver a much
needed resupply of styrene and thought I would give the brass
ago as a jack stand. I think it turned out pretty good, I'll
make another for a matching set!
I need a steampunk time machine to really set off the brass! Or
they'll just get painted.